The first time I read this book, I will admit it when over my head a little bit. Ryan and I listened to this book together for the second time and fireworks went off in our brains. This is the number one book that I recommend to anyone and everyone whether they are entrepreneurial minded or not. Think and Grow Rich sent our life on a trajectory that has caused us to grow exponentially in our business in the course of two years. We have made large leaps in our home and professional life. Originally published in 1937, Hill's money making secrets are as powerful today as they were then - and can change your life forever. After interviewing more than 500 of the most affluent men and women of his time, Hill uncovered the secret to great wealth, based on the notion that if we can learn to think like the rich, we can discover wealth and success. He developed a simple but powerful 13-step formula to help you to:
- identify your goals
- master the secret of true and lasting success
- obtain whatever you want in life
- join the ranks of the super-successful
- In the original Think and Grow Rich, Hill tells stories of Andrew Carnegie, Thomas
Edison, Henry Ford, and other millionaires of his generation to illustrate his principles.
This book explains the different personalities of the entrepreneur, The technician, the entrepreneur and the manager. All of these components are necessary in the founder of a business: without the Entrepreneur, you might as well keep working for someone else as a Technician. Without any technical ability, the Entrepreneur must rely on others to get anything done, and without the organizational abilities of the Manager, the other two would probably find themselves with the electricity in the office turned off because they had other things to do than pay the bills.
Michael Gerber identifies the reason why most small businesses fail. He has consulted many businesses on how to “work on your business” rather than “work in it.”
Ambition can be a powerful force for good in our lives. But only if it is legitimate. Sometimes misinterpreted and often misunderstood, ambition - true ambition - is not a selfish quality. It is not another word for ruthless; it is not something to be shunned or subdued. Legitimate ambition is an honorable trait. At its very best, our ambition serves us and other people. In fact, pursuing your ambition is one of the most selfless things you can do. In The Power of Ambition: Unleashing the Conquering Drive Within You, renowned speaker and author Jim Rohn reevaluates the role of ambition in all aspects of our lives, exploring the facts, debunking the fiction and revealing the six life-changing steps anyone can take to build their legitimate ambition. Let Jim Rohn be your guide as you learn how to use your ambition not only to change what is going on around you, but what is going on within you. Along the way, you will also learn:
- How to develop the three cornerstones of an ambitious life.
- Why enlightened self-interest leads to wealth and why self-preservation leads only to poverty.
- Why life reserves its treasures for those who deserve them, not for those who need them.
- The seven components of resilience and how they can work for you.
- How creativity and courage can keep you actively working toward your goals.
- The secrets of successful networking and other ways to make your relationships work for you.
- The five aspects of patience in action, otherwise known as persistence.
True ambition is a disciplined, eager desire for achievement. It is a state of mind, a way of life. With The Power of Ambition you can take charge of your own personal happiness, chart your own course through life and let your legitimate ambition create whatever you desire, take you wherever you want to go.
This was a great book to help get over the anxiety of networking.
Dale Carnegie’s rock-solid, time-tested advice has carried countless people up the ladder of success in their business and personal lives. One of the most groundbreaking and timeless bestsellers of all time, How to Win Friends & Influence People will teach you:
- Six ways to make people like you
- Twelve ways to win people to your way of thinking
- Nine ways to change people without arousing resentment
This is a great book to help with productivity and time management. In a world filled with alerts and notifications, it can be hard to shut out the world and get some work done. The Four Hour Work Week gives you tools that help increase productivity in work and in life.
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
Rich Dad Poor Dad will....
- Explode the myth that you need to earn a high income to become rich
- Challenge the belief that your house is an asset
- Show parents why they can't rely on the school system to teach their kids about money
- Define once and for all an asset and a liability
- Teach you what to teach your kids about money for their future financial success
Robert Kiyosaki has challenged and changed the way tens of millions of people around the world think about money. With perspectives that often contradict conventional wisdom, Robert has earned a reputation for straight talk, irreverence, and courage. He is regarded worldwide as a passionate advocate for financial education.