On occasion, if I am not listening to Tim Feriss' podcasts, I like to watch my girl Ree (aka The pioneer woman) on Netflix while I sew.
[caption width="640" align="alignnone"] Doctors warn that thick baby bumpers and blankets can lead to infant suffocation, Mari-Mac Designs does not promote the use of baby bumpers [/caption]
These are baby bumpers for an order going out this week.
So while watching The Pioneer Woman and drooling on my sewing machine, these mini meatball sandwiches came across the screen. I try my darnedest tri stay away from bread especially King's Hawaain Rolls!!! You can find Ree's recipe here: Mini-Meatball Sandwiches
My meatball recipe is always changing and evolving. I like to think I'm like my meatballs, full of surprises. I make these regularly because you can freeze them or stretch them out to make three different meals!
Mini meatball sandwiches
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 sleeve of crackers, crushed (about 2cups if u r using bread crumbs)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tbs crushed flax seed (optional
- 6 meatballs ( I cut mine in 1/2)
- A dozen dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1tbs garlic powder
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix bread crumbs, garlic, pepper, chili powder, red pepper flakes and flax seed until well combined
- Add your celery, spinach, meat and eggs to your bread crumb mixture. You must use your hands to get this mixed up just right.
- On a large baking pan roll your meat into balls a little larger than golf balls.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- While the meatballs are cooking slice your rolls in half and place the bottom of your rolls in a greased baking dish.
- Mix your melted butter and garlic powder together.
- Brush your butter mixture on the bread
- Next sprinkle cheese over your buttered rolls.
- Place meatballs on top of cheese (I cut mine in half because I have younger eaters and I'm trying to get two more meals from these meatballs )
- Spoon marinara sauce over your meatballs and then another layer of shredded cheese. (My sandwiches are wrapped in foil because it made it easy to grab them, wrap them and take them to the pool)
- Replace the tops of the bread on the meatballs and use the remaining melted butter to brush the on top of the rolls.
- I actually put this in the fridge until I was ready to stick them in the oven, but u don't have to
- Bake rolls for 20-30 minutes on 350 degrees or until tops are crispy
- Served with a side of marinara and enjoy!!
Share this post
Back to Mari~Mac Designs